1. The Importance of Protecting Your Personal Data
2. Collection of Data
2.1 Statistical Data
When you browse the Site, certain data such as your Internet Protocol address (IP address), domain name, browsing date and time, the last website you browsed, the type of your browser, the files and path you browsed will be recorded in the server of the Site. The collection of such data is for statistical purposes, which allows us to understand which parts of the Site would attract a larger number of visitors in order to assist in serving the users of the Site better.
The said collection process would not record your name. If you have not specified your identity in the Site, your use of the Site would not be linked with such data.
2.2 Personal Data Requested From You
Towngas may in various stages requests you to supply data that can ascertain your identity such as your full name, gender, date of birth, contact number, address, location, email address, horoscope, occupation and the user name and password of your email address. The supply of such data is voluntary. You should decide whether or not to supply the requested data to the website. While the supply of such data is not mandatory, we may not be able to provide you with the information or services in the Site if such data is not provided.
As a general policy and unless otherwise stated, Towngas collects data for one or more of the following purposes:
- sending you any activities and products information of Towngas that you may be interested in and providing you with customised marketing promotion services in order to serve your needs
- providing you with products and services you requested
- analysing the markets of the Towngas' products and preparing customer lists for market research purpose
- operating this Site or Towngas' other businesses (e.g. providing information's regarding Towngas' products and services)
- direct marketing of products and services and appeals for donation
- handling complaints and enquiries
- monitoring and reviewing the due compliance with the relevant rules and regulations in relation to your dealings with Towngas
- giving you any notices as required by the law
3. Use and Disclosure of Your Data
Towngas shall only use your data in relation to the purposes of collection as stipulated in Section 2 above or any other purposes permitted by the law.
You acknowledge and agree that Towngas may use or disclose your data in the following manners:
- in any manners or purposes which you have been notified when your data is supplied to us at the Site for provision of any services or goods you requested;
- as required by the law;
- as expressly consented by you in any agreements entered into with Towngas;
- in any ways that would not make your identity easily ascertainable; or
- to relieve any serious threats to health or safety
4. Disclosure to Third Parties
Towngas would not disclose your personal data to any third parties other than:
- any government or regulatory bodies to which Towngas has a legal duty to provide such data;
- any associated companies or subsidiaries within the group of Towngas for the uses or purposes as stipulated in Section 2 and Section 3;
- any third parties entrusted by Towngas for data collection or providing any relevant services in relation to or in connection with the purposes stipulated in Section 2;
- handling or replying a third party's enquiry or complaint (from media, other public utility or organization);
- any other circumstances as permitted by the law.
5. Storage and Security
Towngas shall take all practicable steps to keep your data in this website in confidence, accurate and update.
Despite all reasonable and necessary steps taken by Towngas to keep your data held in the Site in confidence, you acknowledge that Internet is not inherently safe and Towngas cannot warranty that your personal data will be kept in strict confidence, especially when the data is in the course of transmission. To the extent permitted by the law, Towngas shall not be liable to any security disruption or inadvertent loss or disclosure of data due to the connection between the Site and the Internet.
6. Linking to Other Websites
The Site may from time to time contain hyperlinks to other websites. Towngas shall not be responsible for any privacy policies of those websites. You are advised to carefully read the privacy policies of any of those websites before supplying your personal data to any linked websites.
7. Changes of the Policy
Towngas reserves the right to change the Policy at any time without notice. Towngas shall notify you by publishing the latest version of the Policy at the Site.
8. Direct Marketing
If you do not want to receive any marketing update or promotional news from Towngas (except any information regarding services provided by Towngas), you may inform Towngas to remove your name from the distribution list for direct marketing purpose.
In case of any inconsistency or conflict between the English and Chinese versions, the English version shall prevail.